We all have had job interviews and I’m not sure whether they really get easier or not. But I do recommend preparing and going in with confidence so you can ACE your interview.
Following are some examples of what you may expect.
- Tell me about yourself. Don’t tell your life story, but do describe your education, career goals, and professional experiences.
- Tell me what you know about our facility. Thanks to Google search you can have all the information you need to learn about a specific facility.
- Tell me why you want to work at our facility. Make positive comments and a connection between your career goals and how they can be achieved at this facility.
- How do you perform under pressure? The settings of a healthcare professional can quickly turn into a pressure cooker environment. Make sure the interviewer knows you can handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Be prepared to give an example or two.
- What do you consider your biggest strength?Weakness? Answer truthfully and make sure they are related to the position you are applying to.
- Tell me why we should hire you. This is the last time to truly sell yourself. Emphasize your positive attributes, reaffirm that you are a team player, and tell them why you are the best candidate for the position.
- Do you have any questions for me? Be sure to ask a couple of questions as they relate to the job. Examples are HCP to patient ratio or length of orientation. If you have no questions you may appear uninterested to the interviewer.