These DIY homemade ice packs are soft, flexible, and comfortable for icing down body aches and pains.
They are more comfortable than a bag of frozen peas and mold better to your body. In addition, you know there are no crazy chemical ingredients, just a few common household items.
1 quart size zip top freezer bag
2 cups water
1 cup rubbing alcohol (if your like your ice pack a bit “slushier” use a little more alcohol)
- Fill the plastic freezer bag with 1 cup of rubbing alcohol and 2 cups of water.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing the bag.
- Place the bag and its contents inside a second freezer bag to contain any leakage.
- Place ice pack in the freezer for about 12 hours before using it for the first time. Once frozen it will be icy, a little slushy, and perfectly flexible for any body injury that needs cold treatment.
- Always place a cloth between your skin and the ice pack, and press firmly against all the curves of the affected area. Do not apply ice for longer than 15 to 20 minutes at a time, and do not fall asleep with the ice on your skin.
- When done, place back in your freezer until you need it again.
- Use on sore muscles.
- Use as a hand or foot warmer.
- Place beside a baby (or puppy or kitten) for warmth.
- To reduce swelling and bruising in blunt trauma.
- For the treatment of pain and inflammation after acute injury or surgical procedures.
- Great your kid’s booboos and ouchies!!
Simple. Easy. Natural. Exactly the thing we as a healthcare staffing company like!
Always be sure to follow your physician’s advice.