While visiting my grandkids in GA, we went to Publix grocery store and we all tried a sample of this recipe. I hope you like it as much as my grandson did!!
Thai Grilled Chicken with Tomato Salad
1 l b chicken thighs
4 T fresh basil
4 T fresh cilantro
1 T minced garlic
1 T fresh ginger
4 medium tomatoes
1 T Sriracha sauce
1 T clam juice
2 T soy sauce (recommend reduced sodium)
2 T olive oil
1 T brown sugar
large ziplock bag
cooking spray (or additional olive oil)
- Chop basil and cilantro; peel and grate ginger.
- Combine 3 T basil, 3 T cilantro, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, siracha, and clam juice until blended. Reserve 1/2 marinade.
- Place other half of marinade in zip lock bag; add chicken and knead to coat. Let stand 30 minutes (0r overnight) to marinate.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Chop tomatoes and toss to coat with reserved marinade. Serve as salad.
- Coat chicken with spray or olive oil; grill 10 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 T basil and cilantro before serving.
Serve with tomato salad and complete your meal with steamed vegetables, brown rice, and fresh fruit for desert.