There are many signs that you may be diabetic, or border line diabetic. Awareness is the first step to better health. One in four Americans older than 60 has diabetes, and as they age, healthy lifestyle choices and self-care become more essential.
Type 2 diabetes is quickly affecting millions of people all around us….and possibly even ourself.
Some tips for diabetes (ALWAYS checking with your medical practitioner first).
- Know your numbers. Speak with your medical practitioner and be tested. Like any diagnosis, the sooner you know, the sooner you can begin to correct it.
- Schedule regular visits to your medical practitioner.
- Schedule regular visits to your eye doctor.
- Eat a couple of weekly servings of oily fish (salmon, mackerel, sardines, trout, herring).
- Take 500mg of omega-3 fatty acids daily.
- Create healthy meal plans.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise daily.
- Get enough “good” sleep.
- Stop smoking (for MANY reasons).
By taking care of ourselves we may help to prevent the onset of Type 2 diabetes and other age related diseases.