The foods we eat play an important role in keeping our brain healthy and can improve specific memory and cognitive function.
What is your go to superfood?
- Dark, leafy greens. Following a diet that consists mostly of leafy greens can slow cognitive decline in aging adults with Alzheimer’s and can even reduce one’s chance of developing the disease at all.
- Berries. Blackberries, blueberries, and cherries are rich in anthocyanins and flavonoids that contribute to increased brain function and memory.
- Fatty fish. Salmon, tuna, sardines, kippers, and herring are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which make a positive impact on the brain when consumed.
- Walnuts. Walnuts are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin E, and essential amino acids that protect the rain and keep the mind sharp.
- Oats. Whole-grain oats are a healthy option that can keep your mind sharp and
increseyour focus for long periods, duto how long it takes for your body to break them down.
- Lentils Loaded with the B vitamin folate, lentils have a reputation for
strengthenibgbrain power. Folate also decreases amino acid levels, whihoften contribute to ipairedfunctioning of the mind.