Reliable. Committed. Compassionate.
Nationalhcs has positions available for Clinical Psychologists at a correctional facility in Polkton, NC. This position will provide appropriate advanced individual and/or group psychotherapy for referred inmates diagnosed with mental illness.
- Locum Tenens –OR– Employee with benefits positions available
- Per Diem or Contract
- Renewable assignments
- Up to 40 hours per week
- No on-call
Description of Work
The position of Clinical Psychologist may provide ongoing educational/therapeutic groups for such areas as anger control, assertiveness, and problem-solving. For those inmates referred for mental health services, an initial assessment to include problem, any history of substance abuse, diagnosis, and development of the treatment plan. A formal treatment plan will be developed on each inmate receiving mental health services and clinical services will require significant documentation of activities in medical records.
This position will be responsible for providing on-site, direct patient care in an evaluation room and/or door-to-door therapy sessions. Additionally, the position will be responsible for mental health consultations regarding inmates with correctional staff. Clinical Psychologist will serve as a resource for other staff providing services to inmates. Finally, the positions will be responsible for conducting staff training of appropriate correctional staff on various relevant mental health topics with regard to the inmate population, management of the mentally ill and developmentally disabled, management of suicide precautions, and other topics as appropriate.
The patient population is primarily adults with a variety of mental and/or physical health problems including:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Mental illness
- Adjustment to physical illness
- Neurological disorders
- Addictive behavior
- Challenging behavior
- Eating disorders
- Personal and family relationship problems
- Learning disabilities
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree level of education is required (M.S. or M.A.)
- Active/Clear Psychologist license issued by the North Carolina Psychology Board
- Active/Clear DEA
- Active/Clear BLS (American Heart Association)
- Active/Clear ACLS (American Heart Association)
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) board certification is preferred
- Must be willing to travel to various locations on as-needed basis; all travel, transportation and lodging expenses will be company paid
- Successful completion of competency testing, drug screen, background check, physical exam, immunizations, and other agency screening/application requirements
- Successful completion of other Client screening/application requirements
- Excellent pay
- Weekly payroll
- Direct deposit
- Employee benefits post probation: 401-K, Vacation, and Healthcare Reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Bonus opportunities throughout the year
- Detailed list of Benefits
To apply for this job please visit www.nationalhcs.com.