Rice is a staple on many family tables. White, brown, whole grain, paella
….time to switch to cauliflower.
- 1 medium whole cauliflower
- 3 stalks scallion, cut into small pieces (including the green)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Wash and cut cauliflower into small florets
- Rice the cauliflower using a food processor (large holes of a cheese grater can also be used)
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat
- Add garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes, stirring often
- Add grated cauliflower to the pan, stirring occasionally for 6-9 minutes until tender and slightly golden brown
- Stir scallions into the mixture.
- If using parmesan cheese stir into the mixture.