What’s for dinner? We have the answer. Kielbasa and cabbage in only 20 minutes. These two inexpensive staples become an incredible and satisfying meal when cooked together.
Kielbasa and Cabbage
- 1 medium head of cabbage, dices
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz kielbasa sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- water for boiling potatoes (or cook in microwave)
- Chop potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks. (option: leave skin on for additional nutrients). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Boil potatoes 8-10 minutes until fork-tender. You can also precook them in a glass dish in the microwave instead of boiling. Microwave for 6 minutes, stirring halfway though.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add coconut oil and onions. Saute 5 minutes. Add garlic and kielbasa. Cook about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When potatoes are tender drain, add to skillet, and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until lightly brtowned.
- Add cabbage, vinegar, and mustard. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium low and cover with lid. Cook 3-4 additional minutes until cabbage is lightly wilted.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.