Fall is in the air. As the autumn weather is settling in we all want to curl up with a good book, a good TV show, or even a great football game. Try this oatmeal for breakfast, brunch, or anytime snack.
Pumpkin Apple Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 large apple, chopped into small bitesize pieces
- 1-1/3 cups rolled oats (you can use gluten-free)
- 2 cups milk of your choice (low-fat, almond, cashew, etc)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine oats and milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Continue to cook over medium heat 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, apple, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.
- Cook 2-4 minutes to soften apples.
- Top with any toppings you like! (honey, granola, almonds, walnuts, etc).