We all enjoy eating healthy. Instead of eating your vegetables steamed, baked, or raw try these spring rolls for a little something different.
2 medium carrots
1 bunch green scallions
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 cups sprouts (have you made your own yet? See how to in our earlier post)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
10 rice paper wrappers
- Julienne the carrots and scallions and set aside
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl
- Melt coconut oil over low heat in medium size skillet
- Pour eggs in to skillet
- Cover and cook until eggs are set, then transfer to parchment paper to cool
- When cool, cut eggs into approximate 1 x 4 inch sections and set aside
- Fill a wide, shallow bowl with warm water. Take each wrapper and dip it in the water for 5 seconds
Layer each wrapper with egg strip, vegetables, sprouts, and cilantro in the center. Tuck the sides and roll up like a burrito.
Optional: Serve with peanut or chili sauce
Post your pics to our Facebook page and let us know what you think.
Book: Superfoods at Every Meal