This hummus makes a healthy option for a spread on crackers, as a vegetable dip, or even in place of mayonnaise on your sandwich.
- 1.5 medium red bell peppers
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- .5 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- .25 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- optional: additional olive oil for serving
- optional: parsley and/or red pepper flakes for garnish
- Core and seed peppers, then slice into quarters.
- Place peppers in single level on foil lined baking sheet and broil 10-15 minutes, until nicely charred. Let cool, then remove skins.
- Add chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt, and cumin, to a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Add peppers and olive oil to the mixture and pulse until creamy.
Note: When making this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus you can use jarred roasted red peppers for a quick fix hummus.