Rotini and white cheese sauce is a quick and easy recipe. Using real cheese and whole milk makes this a rich and decadent meal that is oh so good! For a healthier version try low fat cheese and milk. For a gluten free option try dairy free cheese and almond milk as substitutes.
- 16 oz rotini pasta
- 2 (15 oz) jars roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz Italian-blend shredded cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- .5 teaspoon garlic powder
- .5 teaspoon ground mustard
- .5 teaspoon ground pepper
- .25 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan for pasta. Cook pasta 10 minutes, then drain. Return pasta to same pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook 4-5 more minutes, stirring often, or until pasta is tender and sauce is bubbly.
Note: If using a different shaped pasta, cook following package instructions. Adjust consistency of sauce, if needed, with a little extra milk.