Good posture can improve the quality of your life. Here are 5 reasons why you need to take it seriously.
- More Energy – Less strain is put on the muscles, meaning the body uses less energy
- Good Back – Helps prevent chronic backache and muscle pain
- Spine Protection – Stops the spine from being fixed in abnormal positions
- Joint Protection – Reduces wear and tear on joints and has less risk of developing arthritis in later life
- Looking Good – An important factor in appearing confident and attractive
- Alignment – Keeps bones and joints in the correct position so that muscles are being used properly
Good posture plays a major role in Lifting Correctly.
- Before you lift a heavy object, make sure you have firm footing.
- To pick up an object that is lower than the level of your waist, keep your back straight and bend at your knees and hips. Do not bend forward at the waist with your knees straight
- Stand with a wide stance close to the object you are trying to pick up and keep your feet firm on the ground. Tighten your stomach muscles and lift the object using your leg muscles. Straighten your knees in a steady motion. Don’t jerk the object up to your body.
- Stand completely upright without twisting. Always move your feet forward when lifting an object.
- If you are lifting an object from a table, slide it to the edge to the table so that you can hold it close to your body. Bend your knees so that you are close to the object. Use your legs to lift the object and come to a standing position.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects above waist level.
- Hold packages close to your body with your arms bent. Keep your stomach muscles tight. Take small steps and go slowly.To lower the object, place your feet as you did to lift, tighten stomach muscles and bend your hips and knees.