Entree or side dish….you can’t go wrong with this recipe!
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (approx 1 large lemon)
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- .5 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup orzo, uncooked
- 8 oz fresh asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally into 1″ pieces (approx 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen green peas (thawed)
- 12 oz medium shrimp (peeled, deveined, raw)
- 1/4 cup fresh chives (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh basal (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon (coarsely chopped)
- Dressing: Whisk together oil, zest, juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Transfer orzo to a bowl, let cook approx 10 minutes until room temperature.
- While orzo cooks, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus and sugar snap peas to boiling water. Cook until bright green and tender-crisp, approx 2 minutes. Add peas and stir until softened, approx 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to an ice bath, reserving boiling water in
- Add shrimp to boiling water. Cook until opaque, approx 3 minutes. Drain. Transfer shrimp to ice bath with vegetables. Let stand until chilled, approx 3 minutes. Drain.
- Toss together
shrimp-vegetablemixture with orzo.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Sprinkle herbs on top and toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.